Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms.....

These sounded good. Original idea was to cook for 15 minutes, remove and coat with a hot wing sauce. Problem is I live in the frigid north and nobody knows what BBQ is (couldn't find any store to have a bottle of hot wing sauce).

I put on a batch of tater pigs (right side of grill). For the mushrooms, I took a piece of bacon, cut in half, wrapped 1 piece around the 1 direction, then the other piece of bacon around the other way (90°). I wanted to protect the mushroom from being over cooked. The mushroom survived very good.

I gotta say, these are better than the taters. Not a good thing that the mushroom is marinating in the bacon oil but dang were they good.

Here they are. Now what to name these???image

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments