Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Noob Alert: Best place to buy an Egg in Raleigh/Durham ?

Options
Hi Gang.  Im new to the forums so I dont know if this is the right place for this.  If its not, Im sorry.  I am just getting into the idea of getting a egg/kamado and I just dont know what to do.  Im heavily leaning egg, but I dont know where the best place to buy one is, and the price I could expect to pay.  I see online from reading here that the price fluctuates alot from dealer to dealer.  So with that being said.  Does anyone know what I might expect to Pay for a Lg BGE in the Raleigh Durham area, and where the best place to pick one up is? Thanks, I love the forum.  

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I would check the Dealer Locator Page on the big green egg website Here is the link

Call or goto a couple in your area and ask questions you want to know. Dealers are all across the board and some have great knowledge about the BGE, have cooking demos on the weekends and tips to make cooking on a ceramic cooker a great "EGGsperiance" other dealers sell pools, a few outdoor patio things and know nothing except that they can sell you one. A better price could be at either place. 

Another good option is to check out a Eggfest they sell demo eggs after it is over for a discounted price with the nest and a couple accessories and your egg is only used once and you still get the lifetime warranty. And you can see first hand all the great things that can be made on the egg. 

Good luck and I hope you find a egg soon! Just watch out the eggs tend to multiply! 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • jimreed777
    Options
    I am in Raleigh...my local ace (falls river) carries them. there is also an outdoor furniture store on Capital that is a dealer. Cool people and the ones who sold Naked Whiz his first egg. However, I got mince during the grand opening free upgrade sale last year for town and country hardware on creedmoor.

They were having a deal where you buy a medium and get a large or buy a large and get an XL
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    Ace(Fall River) quoted my niece one price and when we went to pick it up, it was about a hundred bucks higher??  This was a large.  My niece was really upset, and just turned and walked out.  She didn't say much???  When she got home, she looked a number up in her address book  -- the owner!!!  Somehow she knew the guy from the past --  went back and picked up the egg,cast iron grill,nest, plus they didn't charge for the plate setter and they thru in two bags of lump..
  • Capnspunky
    Options
    Thats the kind of deal I need :). I'm not sure what the prevailing rate for a lg bge is. Most quotes so far have been about 869 and 1150 with the nest and table/arm attachments. Hat seems on the high side to me seeing what others have paid but I don't know if it is.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Mine was 850 with plate setter no nest last July and the always happening free bge lump. Seems like in the southeast they are usually about 100 less