Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE thermometer from Tel-Tru food clearance issues with CGS XL Woo2 Adjustable Rig Combo

My thermometer is 150-750 temp reading but not sure if 3 1/2 inches or 5 inches and don't have access to it right now to measure. I have an XL Egg i just got and want to get Ceramic Grill Store XL Woo2 Adjustable Rig Combo and wondering if I need to get 3.5 inch if I have a 5 inch for food clearance issues?Anyone have this combo and have issues with thermometer hitting food when using adjustable rig? Thanks Mark
·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Take a wine bottle cork and trim the length to however much you want to offset the length of the thermal inside the dome by. Drill a hole through it. Slide thermometer through the cork and clip it inside the dome.

Done. Food clearance issue solved!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    edited February 2013

I have a CGW Swing Rack and this is not my picture but I did something similar when I did a 9 pound turkey on my small.  Just like @caliking suggested. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,331
    you can take the metal band on the inside and put it on the outside.  

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·