Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Table

bo_mull
bo_mull Posts: 363
edited February 2013 in EGG Table Forum

I finally got around to posting a pic of my homemade table. It is built from pressure treated pine, The top is 5/4 radius edged decking. I got a total of $100 in it right now.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice.  Simple and clean.
  • Looks like mine, no wheels here either. I know PT wood is not the popular choice here, but I was in a hurry to build a table before I picked up my Egg, so I went with PT for ease of availability, and price too.

It's been holding up fine, but does get a bit dirty. I just hit it with a pressure washer to clean it.

• bo_mull
    Thanks @nolaegghead. I kinda wish I would have built it a little bigger. Im thinking about building a storage shelf under the bottom shelf and maybe a small fold out side shelf out of stainless on the right side. 

Cleveland, TN.

• Agree with my Cajun friend; very nice, clean and simple. 
    The advantage of this, assuming its your first table is twofold, firstly, it cost much less than a nest and is considerably more stable, and secondly as you learn what you would like through the experience of using and maybe adding to this table, you can plan and build another if you decide to. 

Great table, enjoy it!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Nice looking table. Now through that thing to the right of it in the dumpster!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Since you'll have your egg for the rest of your life (if you take care of it), you can always think about an outdoor kitchen build, or upgrading.  But you have a functional setup and, face it, the point is to cook good food.

LOL @Kosko, The thing to the right is a charcoal grill that i got 2 months before I got my egg. I gave it to a friend right after the picture was taken. I kept the cover to use on my egg.

Cleveland, TN.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Nola, as always is correct. Down the road you can change. You could always sell your house and build a kick ass table.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Nice, it will get the job done for you
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Since you'll have your egg for the rest of your life (if you take care of it), you can always think about an outdoor kitchen build, or upgrading.  But you have a functional setup and, face it, the point is to cook good food.
    nice table boss!! I made a cheap little stand and side table for mine when i bought it around 30$ in it all.  After a year i finally had time and spent about 150$ and a saturday and made my table for two eggs and plenty of work space.  I used PT pine because it was easy to get to, and this will not be my eggs final resting place.  As @nolaegghead said, my plans are grand! lol, in grad school and wife is still finishing college as well, plus our house is on the market. so one day ill build it it's on gazebo haven :)

XLBGE 
  • I cut rabbits in some 2x4's and screwed them to the underside of my table. I slide plastic bins that I bought at Walmart in and out of the rabbits. They are 100% water proof and hold lots of gear. I have 2 under my table. It would be tight, bit I'm pretty sure you'd be able to squeeze 2 under yours. I'll post pictures when the snow melts.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • bo_mull
    edited February 2013
    Cool, I like that idea. Guess I will be going to walmart,

Cleveland, TN.

• Nice job!   I used PT too.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE