Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New toys

I ordered a partyq and a maverick today. Guess ill be doing a low and slow sometime next week while I'm on vacation.

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,841
    Sounds like a fun vacation, staying at home or taking the egg somewhere? I love my digiQ and use it anytime I cook over an hour. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 719
    Let us know how you like the PartyQ. I've been flirting with the idea, but I do butts very infrequently, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. The Maverick is absolutely indispensable to me. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • I've flirted with a stoker, but since discovery of turbo ribs/butt, I do all my cooks during the day and the Maverick does the temp/alert job just fine. I've still toyed with the idea as it does turn the egg into a charcoal powered "Ronco" oven, set it and forget it, maybe I just like semi-old-school BBQ where you watch the fire from time to time. Great idea for overnight cooks, the one tool you must have if you want any sleep. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 5,281
    I've used the partyQ on my drum smokers when doing overnight cooks, or to ramp the temp up quickly. It let me sleep overnight since I didn't have to wake up at night to stir the coals when the ash buildup started to choke it down. Need an adapter for the egg, so when I get that I might try it for an overnight cook. I did a pork butt overnight on the egg and it held pretty solid though, so I don't know how much I will need the partyQ.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I wish the egg was portable I'd take it with me. We are going to visit friends and I'd love to have my egg with me and cook them a meal on it.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,590
    I wish the egg was portable I'd take it with me. We are going to visit friends and I'd love to have my egg with me and cook them a meal on it.
    That is why I am getting a mini. 35 lbs.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • I have a friend who has a mini that he doesn't use and I tried buying it from him with no luck yet.