Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Swing Rack vs AR on an XL

I have a Woo so I can raise the swing rack direct.  I want a cast iron surface at some point - so the swing rack covers two bases there.  I don't foresee needing more real estate than two racks - I will mostly be using the second rack for super elevated direct cooks.  

I'm leaning toward the Swing Rack but I wanted to ask around if there was something I was missing about the AR that would change my mind?

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,841
    I have and love my swing rack on my large. Easy to get to the bottom rack, can be used with the platesetter I already had, and no need to buy a extra cast iron grate with its carbon steel grates. 

also great for two pizzas at the same time. (sorry for the picture, solar lights don't work the best for pictures)
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.