Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Anyone tried B&B lump?

My local Wally World started carrying pallets of it along with Royal Oak. But the RO section is getting smaller so it looks like they may phase out the RO and keep the B&B.

I saw Naked Whiz write up, but I wondered if anyone had any recent experience with it.
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    I've gone through a few bags before.  Don't recall anything negative about it.

• GQuizGQuiz Posts: 668
    My first 10 cooks were fueled by B&B. no issues. I'm just working my way through what is available. I would listen to what NOLA or CenTex offer on this.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,632
    Yup, good stuff. There are a few bags out there, though. The brown with red is oak, the yellow bag is mesquite (haven't tried that one yet) which turns some people off. Silly non-Texans, don't know what good smoke is. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,632
    I believe Dyal_SC has recently used B&B. I have an unopened bag to try this week.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Cool thanks... Time to rack up....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • I've used several green bags of B&B.. Pretty good stuff.  I just bought the last 2 bags of Royal Oak my local WalMart had yesterday.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,217
    edited February 2013
    We bought a bag that was hardwood from South America. The smoke has a sweet acrid smell that takes a long time to burn off, lump burns moderately fast, produces lots of ash, and sparks quite a bit. The price was good, but I won't buy another bag. Just read the label and point of origin. I never read past hardwood and that was my mistake.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    To date, B&B is the only lump I have used; I've had my egg for about seven months. It is very affordable and I have had no problems at all with it, so I just keep using it. Well, a couple of times I have gotten a lot of flying sparkles, but I hear that others get those sometimes too, even with the expensive brands.

Tim
  • I've used the Oak and the Hickory from B&B with good results.  It's available here in Knoxville at Academy Sports at about $13 per 20# bag.  I've combined the B&B with the Mini Logs in Apple and Mesquite that are also available at Academy.  Good flavored smoke and big old log chunks.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    We bought a bag that was hardwood from South America. The smoke has a sweet acrid smell that takes a long time to burn off, lump burns moderately fast, produces lots of ash, and sparks quite a bit. The price was good, but I won't buy another bag. Just read the label and point of origin. I never read past hardwood and that was my mistake.
    I guess they have multiple sources for their wood - I didn't have those problems, or, not that I noticed. 

The South American's decided to let North Americans burn down their rain forests for them!