Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Venison meatloaf and Dizzy Dust taters

Had homegrown pink eye purple hull peas and yeast rolls to go with it. Turned out real well. Also egged some oatmeal cookies.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    Sweet...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,717
    Can't say that I've ever tried pink eye purple hull peas.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,583
    Looks fantastic! We cook a lot of venison at our house too. How did you prepare and cook the meatloaf?
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @Dyal_SC .... 1lb deer burger.... 1lb deer sausage.... 1 cup Italian bread crumbs.... 1 cup milk.... 2 TBS dales sauce.... 1egg....salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste....1/4 cup BBQ sauce.... 1 can of rotel peppers & tomatoes drained. Mix all ingredients and shape into loaf....I then coated with Dizzy Dust then put a layer of BBQ sauce....on the Egg at 350 with some hickory wood until IT of 160. I put it on the egg on a shallow foil pan with holes made for vegetables. Tomorrow we'll have meatloaf sammiches.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,583
    Thanks, @shtgunal3 !  Bookmarked...will definitely give it a go. 
    ·
  • It looks great!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·