Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cuisine Solutions pre-cooked leg of lamb

njl
njl Posts: 1,123
I just bought one of these from Costco.  It's got instructions for warming it up in either the oven or souse vide.  Anyone tried this, and if so, warmed it up in the egg?

Comments

• njl
    It wasn't bad.  It took a bit longer than the package suggested to get it up to temperature.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Sorry you didn't get any replies. How did you end up heating it?
  • njl
    I can't even remember the temp now...but whatever the package said to set the oven to, I adjusted the egg to, and cooked it indirect (with 2 pieces of oak for smoke) on the grid for around 80 minutes.

I actually chopped up the last slice of it tonight and used it as pizza topping, and did my first "in the egg" pizza.  I've been doing pizza in the oven pretty much one every week for the past couple years.  The egg worked...but it singed the parchment much worse than the oven does, and since I was cooking hotter than the oven, I kind of burned some of the crust bottom.

My normal pizza bake is 425F 2 minutes pre-bake, top it, then 14 minutes.  In the egg, the temp varied, but was anywhere from 490F to 550F.  I gave it 1 minute to start, decided it was still too raw, gave it 1 more minute, topped it, and then 11.5 minutes.  I think I should have pulled it closer to 10 minutes.