Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wagyu Beef Brisket

Options
I was wondering if any one has ever bought and cooked a Wagyu. I wanted to order one but wanted to see if anyone has tried them before. the least expensive one I have found is 175.00 for a nine ponder.
Brandon, MS

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Snake river farms. You get a 3 pack at 11-14 pounds each for $198. I haven't had their brisket but I have had their rib eyes which are great and I have seen them supply meat for BBQ shows on food network.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just a note on this we have ordered meat many times online and the shipping is expensive. Will probably be $100 to ship those 3 briskets if not more.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I don't want to be the turd in the punch bowl, but I have tried two and really don't think they are worth the extra money.  When it comes down to it, brisket is brisket and it's all about your prep, cooking time and finesse.  It was all the rage for the last couple of years on the KCBS circuit, but it is starting to lose it's popularity as even some of the big names are finding it makes little difference.  Try one if you like, but I'll bet you'll be back to USDA Choice shortly.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    FWIW...I watched some BBQ competition on PBS a few months ago.  If I recall correctly, many competitors purchased the Wagyu beef...the winner had choice cut :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.