Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What you should know about an EggFest

My friend first and co-heart second on the Salado EggFest Spring Chicken put this togather for info on our and all EggFests.

http://whatyoushouldknowforsalado.blogspot.com/

But the simple answer is to bring everything you will need to store, prepare, cook and serve your food, including spices, rubs, pans, dishes, serving plates or bowls or cups, toothpicks, forks, spoons, napkins, and everything in between.

That might include Pam spray, cooking pans, pots, grids and griddles, along with knives, spatulas, tongs and other tools, a plate setter and pizza stone, and anything else your dish needs for cooking and serving.

Add into that such things as paper towels, rubber gloves, hand wipes, plastic bags and clean-up gear.

There will be people who can loan you what you need if you forget something but you may be forced to wait until they are through with it.

Also, be sure to bring something to store leftovers in, either to take home or to the After Party.

If you plan to cook outside the pavalion, you may want to bring a pop-up tent for shade or to protect you from the rain. Mickey assures me that it will be nice and dry.

There will be tables and chairs but you may prefer your own, as well as a table cloth.

Ice is not readily available so bring plenty of ice to keep your food items at proper temperature, both before and after cooking, and for keeping your beverages cold.

Note: Beer, Wine and other alcoholic beverages are permitted, but only when used discretely.

There are limited areas for electrical outlets so you should keep that in mind when deciding on what to cook.

Finally, be prepared to serve 50 to 100 servings of each item you plan to cook. We anticipate 300 or more people there and they all come hungry.

Oh, I should point out that all of this is at your own expense, including the food you cook and serve.

Don't you just love being a Cook at an Eggfest...

But remember, Cooks are special...

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    What is the process for going to an eggfest and just milling around and eating and telling lies? Do you need a ticket or just show up?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:

What is the process for going to an eggfest and just milling around and eating and telling lies? Do you need a ticket or just show up?

You need a ticket for the majority of them. Now i have no idea if you can buy them there or not. Or if this applies to all of them.

XLBGE 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited February 2013
    The Eggfest in Atlanta will sell out in a week or two. Tickets/signup usually starts the first week in August and the Eggfest is usually the 3rd week in October at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. If your not cooking, yes you are just milling around telling lies and eating and drinking Beer/wine/whiskey...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited February 2013
    shtgunal3 said:
    U
    For Salado you need a ticket(free). Please register early. We have to have an idea about the number.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Don't forget to pack bandaids. You may not need them, but someone will :|
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Hay, it was only both hands.

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    You forgot to tell them to bring their own Mangrates!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Mickey: will demo small and mini eggs be available for sale at Salado? I'm trying to to make my way there. Starting to soften up the wife about getting egg #2 and if they are cheaper at Salado I can kill 2 birds with one stone  :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mini with nest is $399. Will ck Small price.

• Mickey
    Mini with nest is $399. Will ck Small price.
    Small-$494.10 Nest-$125.94

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    I would suggest adding chafing dishes and sterno to keep what you've prepared at a sanitary temp while you're serving.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Thanks, Mickey. I'm going to try and make it. Its too close to Houston to not  go!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Tell Cen Tex to get his ass back on here...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN