Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Menu – Fillet Mignon Shish Kebabs

Options
ravens
ravens Posts: 2
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum

Super Bowl Menu – Fillet Mignon Shish Kebabs

Congratulations to all of my Ravens brethren! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. What a great feeling. I am still recovering from the glorious Super Bowl win. Wanted to share what I grilled up for this historic game.

I went to the Fresh Market to purchase the meat and all ingredients. However, I’ve noticed that they already had a nice variety of ready-made shish kebabs in the meat section. I wanted to be authentic and make my own, I swear :), but these two fillet mignon varieties really caught my eye. The price was right too at $14/lb. I was looking at just the meat at about $18/lb, and these were already on a skewer with veggies. So I bought 2 skewers of fillet mignon wrapped in bacon, and 6 skewers of fillet mignon with veggies.

About 4 hours before the cook, I threw the veggie kebabs into a large ziplock bag and drained them in Worcestershire Sauce. Then I seasoned both the bacon and veggie kebabs with Instant Gourmet “Awake-a-Steak” spice. This was recommended by the butcher at the Fresh Market and I decided to give it a try. I now highly recommend it. 

At this point, the kebabs looked good enough to eat, but they went back into the fridge to await their destiny.
I soaked some Cowboy brand hickory wood chips about an hour before the cook.
I fired up the grill around 4:30 PM, 2 hours before kickoff. I use Cowboy brand natural hardwood lump coal for my cooks. I buy 20 lbs bags, and have filled about 5 lbs worth of coal for this cook.

Once I got the temp stabilized at 400 (°F), it was time to place the kebabs on the green egg.
I cooked for about 4 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other side. Once the kebabs were ready, they were served on a bed of Spanish rice. Here is the finished product that was devoured like the Niners :)

Go Super Bowl XLVII Champions Baltimore Ravens!!!!!

Comments