Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's your occupation?

Comments

• 500500 Posts: 1,612
    cajunduck said:
    Safety Champion at Graphic Packaging paper mill in West Monroe, La.

Dude, I suppose you know the Robertsons? Love Duck Dynasty.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Software salesman
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,121
    @dweebs0r I too would like to thank you for what you do. I recently under went chemo and radiation for throat cancer and have been clear on my last 2 pet/ct scans. I have a 3 yr. old grandson who had an ependymoma tumor at 1 year old. Had some hearing loss, because of nerve damage during the operation, but he's is doing well with hearing aids. The nurses were wonderful at UCSF.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • Controller/CFO of a general contractor.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 681
    TV Producer and retired Air Force

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    Self employed. Sell, install and repair,  marine a/c and refrigeration systems
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
    ·
  • rdmuddrdmudd Posts: 24
    Fulltime Lineman and self employed tree service
    ·
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    Plumber

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • Operations Manager for large Oilfield Service Company. Beginner LBG cook. And father of 2, currently waiting for number 3 as I type...going to be a long night. (Good thing I have the forum to read)
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Operated the heart lung machine during open heart surgery for 20 years. Now in a management role overseeing 1 out of every 9 open heart surgery's in the US. In my spare time, helping raise a 3 yo grand daughter, who loves GrandPa's Egg food.
  • Electrician - Maintain HV protection systems on transmission lines and substation equipment in South Australia.
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 940
    edited February 2013
    Architect. Worked for many years for firms in Detroit, Boston & Cambridge. Went on my own in 2008. I know my timing sucks, but the economy hadn't hit the skids yet. Plus my 3-4 hours spent commuting is now my time to use as I want. My new boss generally sees eye to eye with me on all issues and lets me go out and use my grills when I want.

You know in an ideal world we could put some or all of this info in our bios. I don't know whether this is a limitation in the Vanilla software or a limitation in how the software was set up for this board. But just think: we could then look up the info in the bio instead of having to scroll through a 12 plus page thread here and another longer one with our backgrounds. 

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174

These are fun to read!

I sell incentive programs, on-line games and experiential marketing programs to large corporations.

·
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 154
    I'm a middle school Language Arts teacher.  Currently teaching in Kathmandu, Nepal while my egg waits patiently for me at home in TN.

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,277
    Markzzz said:
    I practice anesthesia.

Had a good friend tell my he was not paid to put them to sleep. Paid to wake them up.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • tybishtybish Posts: 61
    Work as program coordinator getting non custodial fathers more involved in their children's lives :D
    ·
  • I'm located in Illinois, North East of St. Louis.  I trade mostly spreads on the major indices, do some pairs trading and hedge with futures.  I also sell puts on stock I don't mind owning, until I get put the stock, then sell calls until it gets called away.  I sometimes dabble with synthetics (risk reversals) also on stocks I don't mind owning.

Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,275
    TN_Egger said:

I'm a middle school Language Arts teacher.  Currently teaching in Kathmandu, Nepal while my egg waits patiently for me at home in TN.

That's awesome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Digital sculptor,Ford Motor Co
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,277
    cadtrev said:
    Digital sculptor,Ford Motor Co
    They will not let you play with the clay :-$
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,114
    Egghead Forum Moderator
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 644
    PGA Professional
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,114
    rtt121 said:
    PGA Professional
    Seriously?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 644
    Yes.  Head Professional at a golf club.

Not many golfers here in the winter time.  Thus my overuse of this forum.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • like the name says---just an old football coach
    ·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 174

Landman - Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company.

No rocks please!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·
  • Equity Trader
    Chester County, PA
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537

Hey new egger. i'm a machinist.

·
  • Welcome aboard "CANE Egger !  "U" gonna like it here!
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537

Thanks, picked up a small in the new year and love every minute of it

·