Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sous vide and Dizzy Pig

Finally, I cooked my first appetizing looking chicken breasts that were cooked perfectly to my liking with lots of flavor. I like to cook up a bunch of breasts, slice them thin and snack on them when I need a little nosh and for over my salad. Perfect! 144 for 1:40. In the bag I had 3 chicken breasts with 1/3 cup canola oil and a lot of Dizzy Pig jamacian fire walk. Yummy! They came out of the bag and looked appetizing without having to do anything else. Also mastered hard boiled eggs. Somewhere I was reading a guy asked "why" would someone cook them sous vide. Well, let me tell you the texture of the egg is so much better than I have been able to accomplish in my 40 some odd years of marriage and cooking. I am so happy to be finally getting a handle on cooking in hot water. Tomorrow is turkey breast.
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,017
    yay!  There's a learning curve, like a stall, ya just gotta power through it.  Nice!

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,194
    The thing that is astonishing, if perplexing, w. SV eggs is how different they come out depending on just a few degrees difference.

I love just set yolks, and mush them up into a sort of sauce. As I'm sure you will find, that is possible every time w. SV.
  • GrannyX4, did you finish on the egg or eat straight from the SV?
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,269
    Nola - it was a big Yay! I was beginning to think I had made a BIG $500 mistake. Gdenby - I'm going to work on that one next. Creamy yolks with somewhat firm whites is what I'm going to strive for. Tomorrow. Burr - nope, they just came out of the bag and with Dizzy spices and oil they looked pretty good. Could have browned them but I was just going to slice them and store in the fridge to use on a need to eat basis.
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 275
    Tsunami Spin & Butter with my boneless skinless
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 860
    GrannyX4 said:
    Finally, I cooked my first appetizing looking chicken breasts that were cooked perfectly to my liking with lots of flavor. I like to cook up a bunch of breasts, slice them thin and snack on them when I need a little nosh and for over my salad. Perfect! 144 for 1:40. In the bag I had 3 chicken breasts with 1/3 cup canola oil and a lot of Dizzy Pig jamacian fire walk. Yummy! They came out of the bag and looked appetizing without having to do anything else. Also mastered hard boiled eggs. Somewhere I was reading a guy asked "why" would someone cook them sous vide. Well, let me tell you the texture of the egg is so much better than I have been able to accomplish in my 40 some odd years of marriage and cooking. I am so happy to be finally getting a handle on cooking in hot water. Tomorrow is turkey breast.
    What temp and how long are you cooking your hard boiled eggs?