Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First slc ribs

GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
I might not do baby backs again! I got these pre trimmed at Costco, seasoned with Dizzy Dust, cooked 4.5 hours at 250, slathered in bone suckin sauce, and tore them up!
image.jpg 2.5M
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,412
    edited February 2013
    This is the third time to try to post this. SLC is ? For some reason not taking my post????
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    St. Louis cut. Basically trimmed spare ribs.
    ·
    So they have much more meat on them?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    edited February 2013
    I feel like they are meatier than baby backs. I thought they had more flavor as well.
    ·
    slc ?

·
    slc ?

·
    slc ?

·
    slc ?

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,225
    Grambler said:
    I might not do baby backs again! I got these pre trimmed at Costco, seasoned with Dizzy Dust, cooked 4.5 hours at 250, slathered in bone suckin sauce, and tore them up!
    Same exact cook I did on Sunday. I did 4 racks on a large. Probably wont go that route again. Not as good as my usual results just laying them right on grate on one level.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    Grambler said:
    Same exact cook I did on Sunday. I did 4 racks on a large. Probably wont go that route again. Not as good as my usual results just laying them right on grate on one level.
    Did you use a v-rack? I'd like to get a tiered rack.
    ·
    Please excuse the 4 above posts at 7:30. They would  not accept to be posted, and though they went where such goes?????????????????????????

·
  • They look great.  I prefer STL style to baby backs.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,203
    Nice rack!

·
  • SLC is the rib cut. Hard to find, "baby" backs seem to be everywhere. 

Great looking cook. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Grambler said:

Chubbs said:

Grambler said:

Did you use a v-rack? I'd like to get a tiered rack.

Someone gave me the BGE grill extender as a gift. Prob the worst eggsessory ever. I do use it to sear over the coals now. Used it for this and worked well. I am going to get an AR or a swing grate. Not sure which one
    ·
    Chubbs look real good at the Adj Rig from Tom.

·
    Mickey said:

Will do it buddy. I already have a platesetter and spider. I am planning to call Tom. Do I want to put money towards a AR for my large now or a mini?? Hmmmm
    ·
    Hay college is over rated for the kids anyway. Hell most just show back up afterwards anyway.

·
    Mickey said:

Hay college is over rated for the kids anyway. Hell most just show back up afterwards anyway.

I hear you there. I will probably get both. Just need to find the right time to pull the trigger. Will likely get the mini first then get the AR a month or two later.
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122

Nice rack!

That's what she said =))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    Will do it buddy. I already have a platesetter and spider. I am planning to call Tom. Do I want to put money towards a AR for my large now or a mini?? Hmmmm

I don't see the swing grate on the ceramicgrillstore site. Do you have to ask for it specifically?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    edited February 2013
    Grambler said:
    Chubbs said:

I don't see the swing grate on the ceramicgrillstore site. Do you have to ask for it specifically?
    try the ceramicgrillworks site. Franco in Pittsburgh

EDIT: The AR(adjustable rig) and swing grate(2 tier adjustable swing rack system) are 2 different products.
    ·
  • I did 3 racks of st louis ribs on saturday to break in my new large egg.  I did the 3-2-1 method at 225 and they were amazing.  Sorry I don't have pics.  I will for my next cook.
    ·