Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egghead weightloss competition weigh in Monday

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    been bouncing betweeen 202 and 204 for 11 straight days then bam, 199 today, finally broke thru the barrier. almost half way there
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I weighed myself the other day and I was at 206. Up a pound and a half but a lot less than I thought considering I haven't kept track of anything food wise and have not worked out at all. I think running around with kids all day is keeping the pounds at bay
  • been bouncing betweeen 202 and 204 for 11 straight days then bam, 199 today, finally broke thru the barrier. almost half way there
    I'm hoping to break through the same barrier this week as well.  Congrats!
  • fishlessman
    been bouncing betweeen 202 and 204 for 11 straight days then bam, 199 today, finally broke thru the barrier. almost half way there
    I'm hoping to break through the same barrier this week as well.  Congrats!
    what finally did it after all that time was a dinner of cheddar cheese, a half ounce thinly sliced and allowed to come to room temp, dusted with telecherry pepper and a half glass of jamesons
    :D might have the same dinner tonight
    fukahwee maine

• Pretty pleased this week since i didn't work out and didn't track calories, down to 202.6. One pair of pants that did not fit I am now wearing today!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Not a good week; back up 2.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Still stalled out didn't drop anything but belt went down a notch so that's good.
    Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    fasted for 2 and a half days, down to 196 yesterday morning, figured it wasnt in my best interest to weigh in this morning
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• I had a good week until yesterday! A little (read: lot) dehydrated this morning, so I was at 187, but I drank enough water to get to 189 before leaving the house. 
    Now the hard part starts. I thought I was battling some wicked shin splints since getting back into the swing of things, but it turns out I've developed a nice little stress fracture. Guess I'll join a gym for a few months to use a bike and other less impactful equipment. This stinks as A) I've been doing GREAT exercising in my basement and playing basketball, and B) I HATE riding bikes. 
    Oh well, a little over a third of the way into it and I've allready lost half of what I'd like to lose. Going to take some serious discipline on my intake now. 
    Keep up the good work!
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2013
    For good aerobic exercise with little to no impact, try a gym that has a pool. Swimming laps is fantastic for core development.
  • I made sure that the gym had a pool, hand bike, and rowing machine so I can change it up. I plan on doing a lot of swimming and biking. Maybe this is what I need to segue into triathlons. My daughter was sold on the kids gym. I was sold on the groupon 2 month price and sauna for cutting weight at the end!
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • I'm in a plateau. I eat very healthy all week and splurge a little on the weekends. I worked put 4 straight days with lots of cardio and weight training. I still weigh exactly the same. This has happened to me in the past, just not right away. Still at 234
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Did get on the scale this morning.  I'll check tomorrow but I don't have high hope for this one.  Just hoping to hold within a pound or two of last week.

Too much beer and good food this weekend.  
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2013

Not a good week

Anniversary, a birthday and superbowl,( all drinking events)

Maintained 203lbs, but have to focus more. Can feel myself slipping into old habits >:)

Shane

• I didn't weigh in because it was a very bad few days.  Beer & pizza on Friday, bourbon on Saturday and super bowl food on Sunday.  Back at it yesterday but it will take a few days to recover.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Well, I guess this going to the gym thing is working better than I thought.  I still managed to drop a pound to 200.5 this week even after all of the beer and food over the weekend.  Makes me wonder where I would have been with out it though.

Ah well, hopefully I can maintain my activity level.  I put 18 miles on the treadmill last week.
  • Ok folks, how did ya do? I think I may have gained some weight, need to weigh tonight.
  • fishlessman
    3 days of eating drinking and fishing, not so good
    :)) back at it til april though
    fukahwee maine

• 188.6. Not a good finish to the week. I didn't get to the gym at all this weekend and a family pot-luck on Sunday didn't help. Back at it this week.
  • I'm not in the contest but I have lost 12 lbs since the start. 235 down to 223.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887

I did well with everything for about a week.  My diet was good, I hit the gym, stayed away from the booze.  Second, third and fourth week, not so much.  Over the weekend, I made ANOTHER deep dish pizza, and I wrenched my lower back.  (running up the stairs, nonetheless).  Now I have two problems:  limited mobility, and a fridge full of leftovers.  Today is supposed to be the first official day of half marathon training, as well. 

Last place gets a prize too, right?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

SaltySam said:

I did well with everything for about a week.  My diet was good, I hit the gym, stayed away from the booze.  Second, third and fourth week, not so much.  Over the weekend, I made ANOTHER deep dish pizza, and I wrenched my lower back.  (running up the stairs, nonetheless).  Now I have two problems:  limited mobility, and a fridge full of leftovers.  Today is supposed to be the first official day of half marathon training, as well. 

Last place gets a prize too, right?

Try a recumbent bike at relatively low rpm's if you can. This will allow you to get your HR up without added strain to your back. 
  • 233. The weight isn't coming off fast, but my pants are getting loose and someone commented that my face looks thinner. Something must be working.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Had a better week,  with some unplanned exercise

2 days of shovelling snow and a bush cord of wood, piled. :(

Weighed into tonight at 201 lbs

The back feels much better already

Keep up the great work everyone

Shane 

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Not weighing in today still at Mardi Gras....on the good side I have probably walked 100 miles in the last week.
    Lynnwood WA
  • 4.5 mile run this morning. Egging some steaks tonight with some fresh veggies. Keep it up guys.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Fail, back up to 207. Having people bring us meals since Maximus has been born has been a major blessing practically, just not good for the waistline. Hoping to get back into it this week.
  • fishlessman
    204, was 196 2 weeks back, ate alot fishing thru the blizzard
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• Held steady at 200.5 this week.  Still waiting to break through that 200 barrier for the first time in a couple years.  I should probably cut back on the beer if I want to make that happen.  I have still been doing well in the gym.  4 days a week on the treadmill.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Basically stayed even... maybe down a pound. Not great, but better than a gain so I'll take it