Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chorizo Sausage

The peppersimage
Roasting
water added waiting to a boil
Ingredients--not shown paprika
rough chopped veggies & vinegar
in the blender
pureed and back on the low flame, spices and herbs added to the puree
mixed
taste test
wrapped & ready for the freezer

Very tasty...This batch won't last long....I see migas in our future.
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    I made a batch of chorizo last week from Homesick Texan's recipe (looked just like what you did)  and it was very, very good. Since I wasn't a chorizo expert I gave some to my Mexican neighbors to try...they liked it and asked for the recipe. That's a win!
    Looking at yours has me back in gear to make more...thanks!
    Freezes well?
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Most all mexican chorizo have a out the same ingredients technique/execution Is the difference.
    I add my puree back to the stove to reduce to right consistency at the point the toasted spices are added. The puree's consistency is based on the leanness or fattyness of the pork. (I grind my own mostly)
    Ancho peppers can be added to or replace the guajios. I prefer guajillos because they have some heat but dont have a bitter back bite.
    Also before you even puree the chiles taste the steeping water. If it is bitter start over again. Bitter is either from over roasting or over steeping, either way it wont be good eats. I never steep guajillos longer the 20 minutes.
    BTW this technique is basis for moles and red enchilada sauce ...just another mix of peppers and ingredients.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Thanks for posting this. I went to taco boy in Charleston SC this weekend and had my favorite taco-- chorizo and potato. On way home I was telling my wife I need to make some chorizo. Thanks or posting this
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Nicely done.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings