Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rum soaked raisin and apple stuffed, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin

This turned out amazing.  Cooked it raised direct at 400, to an IT of 140.  Added a chunk of apple wood for smoke.  Very moist and flavorful.  Will repeat this one for sure.

Comments

• That looks fantastic. =D>
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,277
    edited February 2013
    Was the apple soaked as well? Do you think the bacon could pick up rum if soaked? You got me thinking. Maybe sub pineapple for apple ( just thinking out load ). That sure looks good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Holy cow, that looks incredible! Well done.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Soaked the raisins in Sailor Jerry Rum for half hour, then brought it to a boil, added the diced Granny Smith apple, some brown sugar and cinnamon and let it simmer for another half hour. Let it cool, then stuffed the pork with it.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,277
    I have picked up that run several times and will buy it the next time.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,295
    Looks deeeelicioous! :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Mickey said:
    Was the apple soaked as well? Do you think the bacon could pick up rum if soaked? You got me thinking. Maybe sub pineapple for apple ( just thinking out load ). That sure looks good.

If using pineapple, I'd consider Malibu Rum. Nice complement to the pineapple.
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 944
    Yummy!! Pork, fruit & Liquor, what could be better than that? Nicely done.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Looks great TJ, bookmarked! I'll be trying this one
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·