Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks guys for all the help

LarrymacLarrymac Posts: 94
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Had a successful Super Bowl meal thanks to all the advice I received here. Really afraid to mention names because afraid I might miss someone. But you Probably know who you are.
Had pulled pork, corn, baked beans, cole slaw, and banana pudding. (My first banana pudding)
The turbo butt (5.8 #)
took right at 5 hours and was very good. I felt good because advice I received on temp control was right on and I felt in total control of the temp and what I wanted I got.
Thanks all and I am sure I have many more questions.
Oh yes here's an upside down pick of my Boston butt

·

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    You had a feast for you SB.  This board can and will answer any and all questions.  There is a rule though, if you don't have pictures then it didn't happen L-)
    ·
  • Duganboy said:

You had a feast for you SB.  This board can and will answer any and all questions.  There is a rule though, if you don't have pictures then it didn't happen L-)

Check again-- but with I-phone guess I took upside down pic
    ·
  • Good job Larry... Keep it up..
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 848
    Looks great! A little advice: Wrap your probe wires in foil and try to keep them over a platesetter leg. Even on low cooks it doesn't hurt. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks like a great cook! (the picture flips around when you click on it FYI) I love finding info on here and turning it into great tasting meals! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    edited February 2013
    I didn't know about "flipping the picture"  -- before i could do anything it was dripping on my keyboard !! :((
    ·