Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Komodo Kamado

Options
MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited February 2013 in Off Topic
Anybody got one? They sure are pretty. Was curious if people had the egg KK pair how they used both. It's got a lot of bells and whistles too.

XLBGE 

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/komodokamado/kk.htm

There's a forum that's not as active as the BGE community and some of them are former Eggers. 

If I had a nicely landscaped backyard with high end patio furniture, I would write the check for one.  Very pretty and possibly more functional than the BGE.

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    thanks man, i just looked through the whiz site.  cool stuff.  

I just got cracked up watching some youtube videos of guys cooking on their KK's.  Just cause you have 5 grand in a grill dont mean you know what your doing!!!

There forum is stuffy and not quite as cool as ours 
    :-\"

XLBGE 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    This is an absolutely incredible cooker, I've only seen one in action. (well as active as kamado's get)

Friends Kamado Joe is a great cooker as well. This is a piece of furniture/lawn ornament.  

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    if I would have known about these KK before I got my BGE I would have for sure gotten one. :)
    Brandon, MS
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    They look very solid and extremely functional. Like the BBQ guru slot made in. And the top vent is very fine!

if I would have known about these KK before I got my BGE I would have for sure gotten one. :)

You can always use two cookers!!

XLBGE 
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    They look very solid and extremely functional. Like the BBQ guru slot made in. And the top vent is very fine!
    You can always use two cookers!!
    you are correct! I shall get one!! :)
    Brandon, MS