Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp control device falls off

Options

Im a new egg owner...bought mine this past weekend and LOVE it!  But have noticed one problem that I think may be my error.  When I open the lid the temp control device (cast iron metal) falls off.  Is this unusual? Am I doing something wrong? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanx in advance.

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options

If you are refering to the daisy wheel that fits on top the egg. i would say it is not you. There should be a screw to hold the lid on. If you can post a picture it might help identify we are talking about the same thing.  

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• jeffharkcom
    Options
    Six_egg thanx for the reply.  Yes, I am talking about the daisy wheel assembly.  When I lift the lid of the egg all the way open...the daisy wheel falls off the lid.  I dont see where there would be a screw or place for the screw to attach.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    Options
    Mine has never done that, but I have seen others put a bead of high temp silicone around the chimney, gives it a tighter fit.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• jeffharkcom
    Options
    Thanxks for the idea.....found a Youtube video of a guy who used an oven gasket and high temp adhesive to attach the gasket to the inside of the daisy wheel to take up the space...I may try that as well.  Will let you know and post the final results.
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Options
    I have found that if I put my daisy wheel on with the words to the left, it will stay on when I open the lid.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• dizzy1
    dizzy1 Posts: 34
    Options
    I usually take the daisy wheel off and set it aside till I close the egg. I find that I don't lose the setting of th daisy wheel that way
  • Kupkaked
    Kupkaked Posts: 33
    Options
    Yea, I go both ways, sometimes i'll leave it on, when I do, I keep the words toward the back of the egg, this prevents the daisy wheel vents from changing to much.. Otherwise, i'll just pop it off when I open her up sometimes.
    Haddon Township, NJ