Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Corn on the cob

Direct or indirect ?
What's the easiest and best way ,temp, and time?

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Husks on, direct at 350 - 400 for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes.  After it's cooked, let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes, then cut the husk end off, grab the silk end and let the ear fall out of the husk.  All the silk remains with the husk.
    Raised direct 400 and I do corn already shucked.  Rotate every 3 minutes until you start seeing some color change and hearing a kernel or two pop.  Very simple and very good.
  • Shucked, direct in foil with butter and butt rub until you can smell the corn.
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 98
    I have tried all different ways and prefer shuck on, and ends of husk slightly trimmed. Regardless,  the trick is to soak in water for 30 minutes before cooking
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    I've done it both ways and now I mostly shuck them first. One main reason is you're not trying to shuck hot corn, which can be a trick, and you always have silk that gets burned and ends up everywhere including your other food if your not careful.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser