Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Corn on the cob

Direct or indirect ?
What's the easiest and best way ,temp, and time?
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Husks on, direct at 350 - 400 for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes.  After it's cooked, let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes, then cut the husk end off, grab the silk end and let the ear fall out of the husk.  All the silk remains with the husk.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Raised direct 400 and I do corn already shucked.  Rotate every 3 minutes until you start seeing some color change and hearing a kernel or two pop.  Very simple and very good.
    ·
  • Shucked, direct in foil with butter and butt rub until you can smell the corn.
    ·
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 97
    I have tried all different ways and prefer shuck on, and ends of husk slightly trimmed. Regardless,  the trick is to soak in water for 30 minutes before cooking
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    I've done it both ways and now I mostly shuck them first. One main reason is you're not trying to shuck hot corn, which can be a trick, and you always have silk that gets burned and ends up everywhere including your other food if your not careful.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·