Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Removing the point help??

Just removed this guy at 205º.  Cooked about 15.5 hours at roughly 240º dome temp.  Where/how do I cut to remove the tip to put back on the egg for burnt ends???  It's resting now and I will FTC the flat.
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    The piece underneath this picture I see on the right. Just look for a fat line about middle thickness and run a knife along it.
  • Here you go.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    @smittythesmoker - nice job.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Follow the fat seam that separates the flat and point. In Smitty's pic (quick drawing Smitty), I'd start on the right side and slice diagonally to the left. If you're concerned about slicing wrong, that fat seam should be so tender that you can turn your slicer backwards and just the side opposite of the blade through without worrying about cutting into meat.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • Here you go.

Awesome Smitty!!  Thanks
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 860
    That was great work, Smitty. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I was terrified the first time or two that I tried this, but once you understand what the dividing line is you are home free. @SMITTYtheSMOKER  great visual.