Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Run at Baby Back Ribs (Superbowl Sunday) lots of Pics

AltonAlton Posts: 431
One hour down,6.7 lbs of Baby Backs,, apple chunks is the wood, John Henry'sApple Chipotle Is the Rub. 3-2-1 is the method. Indirect set up at 200-225 for the first 3 hours. So far so good...will keep you posted. Also going to put some ABT'S on the grid in a little while ... Wish me luck!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
image.jpg 828.9K
image.jpg 647K
image.jpg 1.4M
·

Comments

• AltonAlton Posts: 431
    Oh I forgot the way it all started this morning
    image.jpg 923.8K
    ·
    Just foiled the ribs and put on some ABT's
    image.jpg 685.9K
    image.jpg 863.5K
    ·
    Ribs are sauced and ABTs are done!
    ·
  • MJGMJG Posts: 177
    Looks good all around.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
    ·
    Ribs and ABT'S are done, LET'S EAT!!!! Oh Yah...WHO DAT!!!
    image.jpg 626.7K
    image.jpg 856.8K
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 201
    Those ribs are looking good Alton! I'm curious, did you follow thru with the full 3-2-1 process? I ask because my BB are overcooked if I take the full 6 hours via 3-2-1.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,850
    Looks like they turned out great!  I will take that 5 bone section in the middle back, please! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    Those ribs are looking good Alton! I'm curious, did you follow thru with the full 3-2-1 process? I ask because my BB are overcooked if I take the full 6 hours via 3-2-1.
    Yep, the full three hours. I did have a drip pan with water and apple juice below the grid on the plate setter.
    ·