Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Turbo Ribs. (Nope I will never go back)

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
TurboRibs. 350 indirect and no peek for 105 mins. Did pull membrane, Butt Rub, mustard, Butt Rub. That is all. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    What a beeyootiful egg! New I assume? Excellent looking ribs, too!
  • Mickey
    edited February 2013
    hapster said:
    The ribs and your new egg look great! What size is the new edition?

Large. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    looks good, i'd chow down on them.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey has a new family member!
    Congrats on the new addition to your family!! You've also got me off the fence, I'm going to have to try those turbo ribs real soon.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I have rib duty for my wife's friends SB party tonight. I am out of town now so for time sake may have to do turbo ribs. Got 3 racks of spares. I usually go 4-0-1 with my spares at 250 dome. A mindless cook which I like. Are there any formulas like that for turbo spares?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Looks tasty. Nice smoke ring. New AR?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Mickey
    RLeeper said:
    Looks tasty. Nice smoke ring. New AR?

Yes

• nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    I agree that turbo ribs are the way to go. I'll be smoking some St Louis ribs today...be ready by game time.  Only choice remaining is which rub to use.  Decisions, decisions, decisions......
    Fairview, Texas
  • I just threw 3 racks on and plan to turbo them. Probably cutting it a bit short for kickoff...
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • Mickey
    I respectfully disagree @lousubcao on the laps my friend :-t I bought a Catalina 22 many years ago and refused to race as work was plenty on crap in the fast lane for me. But to me the turbo ribs/butts are just easier and being ( and getting to be more so ) lazy they fit me. Sold my Cyber Q and going to sell my Party Q ( no need of use them).

• Mickey
    Chubbs said:

I have rib duty for my wife's friends SB party tonight. I am out of town now so for time sake may have to do turbo ribs. Got 3 racks of spares. I usually go 4-0-1 with my spares at 250 dome. A mindless cook which I like. Are there any formulas like that for turbo spares?

I would think they would have more meat = more time???? Guessing 2 hr?
    Sure would keep an eye on them and give the bend test.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Mick, what is behind your thermometer on your old large egg?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    edited February 2013
    Chubbs said:
    Mick, what is behind your thermometer on your old large egg?
    They are on all 3 Eggs. Toy wood wheels(like you would put on a wooden car/truck toy), bought at hobby store. I busted 2 thermometers before I learned to toss that damn spring deal behind it. Now when I get something too high in the dome and hits the thermometer it pops up and not bend.. (that pic was taken before i cranked up the new one)

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Chubbs-you can get the same wood wheel effect with a drilled out wine cork-of course the wine needs to be properly consumed first :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Whatcha' got on yer handles, Mickey?

• Mickey
    edited February 2013
    From LawnRanger::::: gridlifter@gmail.com Mike also makes the most used of any of my Egg.The Gridlifter. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    I know this is an old thread but that grid lifter is bad azz! Just sitting here searching for "turbo baby back" to see how that works. 

Got some BB ribs on right now and wasn't planning on "turbo" but got the fire a little too hot in the M BGE and it seems it doesn't want to come back down to my 250 temp i was striving for. Guess we may get to eat a little early today.

Guess that means that my more of my IPA's will be for dessert rather than appetizers.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Ftc it till the beer is gone
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN