Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib prep question.

Hello all. Got three racks of spares itching to get tomorrow for the Super Bowl. Planning on a turbo style cook and shooting for a three hour cook at 325 degrees dome. The question is this. If I mustard then rub my ribs tonight will that be an ideal time for the seasonings to do their magic? I have heard that if you put rubs on too soon the salt in the rubs will dry the rib out. Thoughts?

Comments

• MklineMkline Posts: 177
    edited February 2013
    I always rub and mustard the ribs the night before a cook. Never once have I had a problem with them drying out due to salt.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,671
    No problem....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • When I use my homemade rub ( only has a tablespoon or two of salt) I rub the night before and vacuum seal again using my foodsaver. If your rub is real salty just put BBQ sauce on 1/2 hr b4 taking off the BGE
  • rholtrholt Posts: 375
    Thanks all. I will proceed as planned. Will post again with the finished product.