Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cow lick chili ish

LitLit Posts: 2,355

We are having a chili cook off tomorrow at our place so I made cow lick chili with some changes. I smoked 3 pounds of chuck for 6 hours and then smoked the pound of italian sausage the recipe calls for in the egg for an hour and then I took about a pound or so of some maple/dark brown sugar belly I started curing last week and hot smoked that with peach and cherry and then cubed all of it and cooked it in a CI skillet and then added it to the rest of the ingredients the cow lick chili calls for (I used the new version with semi sweet chocolate over the cinnamon). Its been on the xl about 2 hours now can't wait to try it. Made a couple jello shots for the game tomorrow while I am waiting.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments