Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whole beef tenderloin

Ant suggestions for a dry rub for a whole beef tenderloin
·

Comments

• Probably just want the flavor of a quality cut like that.  I'd go naked or with some DP cow lick.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Just salt and pepper for tenderloin here.  +! with @Crispix49 to let the flavor of the meat be the star.
  • I like to season my beef tenderloin simply.  Just salt and pepper, maybe some garlic.  But while it is one of the most tender cuts of beef, it can lack the flavor of other cuts so I like to serve it with a sauce on the side.

Google Southern Living's peppered beef tenderloin with port sauce or something like that.  That is a good one done indirect on the Egg. 
    ·
  • Big BBig B Posts: 13
    Thanks so much. One other question. Direct or with plate setter.
    ·
  • I cook mine direct as I like to get a good sear on mine. Also do salt, pepper and a little garlic. A good sauce if you want is a port wine reduction with mushrooms. I have also served it with Tiger Sauce and got great reviews.
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Roast indirect at 250 till the internal temp is 120. Takeoff egg, raise temp to 500 and remove plate setter and sear all sides. Did one last weekend. It was awesome. Used only salt and pepper.
    ·