Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

turbo butt?

whats the formula for doing a turbo butt? I have a 9lb butt i need done early in the morning so the wife can take to work.

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 1,778
    Platesetter legs up with drip pan, grid on legs, butt directly on grid. 350 dome temp until IT reaches 160. On a 6lber this takes 3-3.5 hrs make take longer with a 9lber. When 160 IT is achieved, wrap butt in foil and back on grid. Pull from egg when you hit 195-200 IT. Wrap in towel and through in cooler until you ready to pull and eat. I like to spray with apple juice/apple cider mixture 3-4 times while getting to 160 and then again before foiling. I smoke with hickory or pecan or both. Hope this helps...... Roll Tide!!!!!

LBGE,SBGE Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:
    Platesetter legs up with drip pan, grid on legs, butt directly on grid. 350 dome temp until IT reaches 160. On a 6lber this takes 3-3.5 hrs make take longer with a 9lber. When 160 IT is achieved, wrap butt in foil and back on grid. Pull from egg when you hit 195-200 IT. Wrap in towel and through in cooler until you ready to pull and eat. I like to spray with apple juice/apple cider mixture 3-4 times while getting to 160 and then again before foiling. I smoke with hickory or pecan or both. Hope this helps...... Roll Tide!!!!!
    +1...War Eagle !!!

Alexander City,Al