Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Major glaze spalling and flaking - covered under warranty?

Haven't used my egg since late fall. Today I uncover it to cook a pork shoulder for the superbowl and discover two huge areas flaked off about the size of a quarter. Also there are other areas of the glaze that are bubbled. Not too happy. Its only 16mo old. I bought from an authorized dealer new and filed the warranty card. I sent pictures to BGE and am waiting on a reply. Anyone else seem this kind of issue?

Jon.

·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,987
    I would think so...last fall, dang.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,822
    Yes. Covered.
    ·
  • Dude you gotta give that egg more attention! Last fall!!

Yea, should be covered.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,100
    +1 on covered but I am unable to see any pic and the issue is on my end.
    Louisville
    ·
  • last12knowlast12know Posts: 23
    got me this week.. same thing.. was told it was covered..

·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 558
    The real issue here is "last fall"
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    This is caused from tears from lack of use....Yes covered

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • Exact same thing happened on mine 13 months old ...uncovered it Saturday to put boston butts on and found green flakes of enamel all around the egg on the table, the lesions looked just like these... Called my dealer and a new dome is waiting for me there today.
    ·
  • There was an time about seven years ago that this was happening frequently. I think it was put down to a bad process step in manufacturing in a run.. I have two eggs with the same problem. Don't think you will have any warranty problems.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • "Eggcellent" Customer service!! One email with a picture attached and I was provided a new Dome 2 days later. This is how customers should be treated!
    ·
  • Good example of the value of buying new from a dealer. I plan on having this egg for a long long time. I wish they covered my liver.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·