Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anybody using mangrates? Wondering if there is any advantage to using them. 
Eggo in N. MS

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,978
    Ask boomer
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,783
    Here we go again!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• eggoeggo Posts: 451
    I've been off the forum for a while. Looks like mangrates is a taboo subject. Why?
    Eggo in N. MS
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    You must be a salesman!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    I didn't mean to strike a nerve, just curious.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • I got a few into the store, I must say they have potential.

One of my teammates (a forum regular here) on our cook team treats us with steaks once in a while the friday before a contest.  He used a lighter version of this type of searing metal, the cast iron version seems much more beefy by nature.   I love to cook steaks on my Egg at home, and use a stainless cooking grid.  I intend to put these through their paces here shortly.

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• FINALLY !!!

Alexander City,Al
  • were the one that started this whole crazy thread:
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Busted!.........yup, he's a salesman!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,978
    Eggo...more of a running joke.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    Yup, a salesman. How did you know? Seriously, just saw them in a mag and wondered if they would do what they advertise. 
    Eggo in N. MS
  • I got a spam flag for mentioning the lighter weight version !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I like @eggo, he is my boy and have I have ridiculous influence on this forum.  @eggo, happy to test the mangrates and issue a review, just send them to me - no return of course.  These guys/gals will listen to everything I write.  Your business will take off huge <wink wink>  
  • BoomerBoomer Posts: 115
    @IrishDevl Send me a PM and i will get @eggo a Mangrate to try out, But you're going to need more than just one :)

• And once again

I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.