Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Question about Wood Chips

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding wood chips and the flavor and color they give to meats?
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,679

Here's a link that should get you well on your way.  Happy Groundhog Day!

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Downloads_files/SmokingFlavorChart.pdf 

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Chart helps to get you started, but ultimately you have to get in there and try different woods with different meats to see what you like best.  Personally, I use cherry with poultry and ribs.  Hickory with for butts & brisket.  My overall favorite is pecan.  Great with everything. 
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • The same smoke will provide a different taste with different rubs. Like @Crispix49 said, you have to see what you like best. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·