Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Question about Wood Chips

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding wood chips and the flavor and color they give to meats?

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,634

Here's a link that should get you well on your way.  Happy Groundhog Day! 

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • Chart helps to get you started, but ultimately you have to get in there and try different woods with different meats to see what you like best.  Personally, I use cherry with poultry and ribs.  Hickory with for butts & brisket.  My overall favorite is pecan.  Great with everything. 
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • The same smoke will provide a different taste with different rubs. Like @Crispix49 said, you have to see what you like best. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.