Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

broken chimney

I broke off maybe a 1/3 of my chimney...ouch!  the metal top still fits over this U shape break and it still regulates OK.  My question is can I continue using as is or do I need to replace?  Any advise out there...
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    How'd it break?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 818
    As long as you can control the temperature there is no reason not to keep using it.  

Gerhard
    ·
  • henapple said:

How'd it break?

Yea, how in the world?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • SevySevy Posts: 6
    it broke when I was moving it from one location to another.  It's on a roller stand purchased with egg.  It is not very sturdy and the wheel caught an edge in the deck and starting tipping and I couldn't fully stop the drop and when it did hit it was on the chimney.
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 818
    I purchases the nest with the handler and I think it gives you a lot more control when moving the egg.  The other thing I found is that it is better to pull than push the egg.

Gerhard
    ·
    did you purchase the nest at the dealer or website. your right about the moving...I found out the hard way
    ·
  • Man that stinks. Sorry! I move my egg a lot by myself and its very planned and methodical. Always fearful of the "drop". I think a new dome is around 200-250

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • larrydlarryd Posts: 44
    cant you glue the piece back?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    JB Weld may hold up, if you can puzzle it back.

·
  • Self abuse so probably not a warranty claim, never hurts to try. 

Too bad, but if you have the chunks try the JB Weld. Good luck
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    I thought there might be a "this is why I quit drinking" story or better yet the infamous redneck's last words...."hey y'all, watch this".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    thanks I will try some JB Weld and keep cooking until I can't.  Still regulating so I am still cooking...thanks for all the input.
    ·