Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Shoulder Prices

QFC here in Seattle has Bone In Pork Shoulder for $1.49/lb, would you stock up on that price?
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,953
    Pretty good price. I pay a little more than that at my butcher in Columbia, SC. I am in Edisto Island, SC this weekend and was in the only grocery store on the island and they had butts for over $4.00 a pound.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • That's not bad, I think I paid 1.28/lb last time I stocked up but that was a little while ago.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Last price I paid at Costco business in Lynnwood was $1.29 a lb that was 2 weeks ago.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Double where do you live?
    ·
    Lynnwood 17 miles north of Seattle
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Didn't realize you were that close, I am in Port Orchard, work at Fort Lewis.
    ·
  • Hey fellow northwest eggers, I'm in marysville, It hard to beat the Costco business center.
    ·
    Thats quite the commute!

Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,491
    Downtown here, I am sure those prices don't Apply here. I see $1.80 if there is a sale or 2.30 lb on average
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Woah, NW eggers unite! ha ha ha. Eh, I am in Construction industry, not a bad commute for my industry, wish it was much less.
    ·
    My Dad was in construction and would only come home on weekends as his sites were so far away. You going to make it to the PNW Eggfest June 9th Fletch?
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • PNW Eggfest is June 8 2013
    ·
  • Rick1Rick1 Posts: 77
    Where is the PNW Eggfest? I'm in Lacey.
    ·
  • PNW Eggfest is in Kent right behind Ikea, at Associated Energy Systems, if you have never been You should go . Lots of good food and people.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,826
    edited February 2013
    I would stock up. Last thing you want is to run out of pork as you celebrate the niners loss.
    ·
    Whoops thanks for the correction I will be there this year.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Yea I would like to make it this year.
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,748
    $1.29/lb on sale this week.  I have no where to store them otherwise I would get some.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Chubbs said:
    Pretty good price. I pay a little more than that at my butcher in Columbia, SC. I am in Edisto Island, SC this weekend and was in the only grocery store on the island and they had butts for over $4.00 a pound.
    You realize that that Piggly Wiggly caters to tourist so their prices are high. And since they are the only store for miles they can charge what they want
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,039
    That's why you go to the Pig further inland. When I am in Charleston, I go to the one's off of 17. The tourist-y one is off the IOP connector and has Whole Paycheck prices. They do have an awesome beer selection, though.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,812
    $1.29/lb is pretty easy to find in the NOLA area.  I've seen them higher and on sale for $0.99/lb.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,039
    It's 1.29/lb at Costco nearly all the time where I am for the boneless shoulder. Wegmans has it bone-in for that price on an extended sale special.
    ·