Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled the trigger on AR

Seriously looking forward to this thing! I am doing my first competition next month so I need to practice alot and learn how it cooks. @tjv. Thanks for the help figuring out what I needed!

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·

Comments

• You won't regret it at all, mine hardly leaves the egg except to put more lump in. Did you get the longer indirect piece or the circle one?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Congrats! I also use mine on every cook. Only leaves the egg when I clean it.
    ·
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    I got the round one as Tom said the oval one is not available for the XL

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • Didn't even notice that you had xl in your signature. My bad.
    :)>-
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • shuckershucker Posts: 303

Great decision to get the AR, since I got mine, I havent done a single cook without it. 

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

Large & Mini Max Big Green Eggs

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,276
    edited February 2013
    Tom is a very good guy. Hell of a cook as well. Ps: He will be signing autographs at the Salado EggFest on March 16th.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Autographs? Do you think he could sign a picture of Barry Bonds or Alex Rodriguez since he has enhanced so many peoples lives?
    =))
    ·