Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick et-732 deal (with meat temp magnet!) $45

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,829
    Pretty sweet deal! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 314
    Thanks ordered one
    ·
  • just ordered one full price last week... same thing happened with thermapen.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,891
    edited January 2013
    Never mind. Ordered!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,810
    I'm in for one.  I don't use my DigiQ except for over-nighters anymore, so this will fill the gap.

·
  • shuckershucker Posts: 225
    Awesome, just ordered one! 

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

Large & Mini Max Big Green Eggs

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Thanks @MaskedMarvel  Just ordered one.  I've been using a one channel Weber wireless.
  • Thanks for the heads up just ordered one!
    ·
  • Thanks, ordered two. One for a friend that just had his egg delivered.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
    ·
  • fanninfannin Posts: 17
    Just ordered one. Can't wait to get it.
    ·
  • Thanks!  I've been wondering which one to order and this is a great deal.  I've been lurking since I was given my egg for Christmas.  Loving it and this will help me not run up and down the stairs every hour to check on long cooks.
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
    ·
  • Just ordered one.
    ·
  • Here's what I like about my Maverick. 
    I use an electric starter, I fire up the Maverick, including the pit probe, then set the timer for 8 minutes. It tells me to take the starter out. 
    I set the high pit probe alarm to the temp I want and it tells me when the egg has heated. 
    Once the cook begins, it works like any other thermo, I like the before cook use, without it I would forget.....

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Anyone tried using two at once?  I have multi level cooking where that would be very helpful...
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,810
    Anyone tried using two at once?  I have multi level cooking where that would be very helpful...
    I've seen chunks o meat that looked like they were getting a triple bypass, they had so many probes stuck in them.  most of the folks that do that have the stokers that handle a bunch of channels.

·
  • Anyone tried using two at once?  I have multi level cooking where that would be very helpful...

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1146970/using-two-mavericks#latest

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    Not 2 Mavs, but I do use my Thermoworks 8060 with my Mav. The 8060 is a great thermo but it doesn't warn me of high/low temps. When the Mav alerts, I go to the egg and check the 8060. It is after all, the information age!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Anybody having a problem getting the discount code to work? Is it 15DISCNT or 15DISCNT=$44.99?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Looks like others are having the same problem. If you go to the last page of reviews, people are claiming the code no longer works. Looks like I just missed out. :(

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,829
    Griffin said:
    Anybody having a problem getting the discount code to work? Is it 15DISCNT or 15DISCNT=$44.99?
    Hi Griff,

It is (was): 15DISCNT

I tried it yesterday and it worked.  I was just testing before I sent the info to a friend.  Just tried again today and it did not work. 

There was a problem
    • The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Damn, sorry I missed this.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 839
    edited February 2013
    I missed it, too. Drat. I ended up ordering it, anyway. My 72 food probe stopped working, and I've always had a bit of trouble with the reception, so I went for the newer one. I consider this tool pretty indispensable. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·