Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

dizzy pig course

anyone able to tell an advantage over the dizzy dust with the dizzy dust course? about to restock my rubs. 

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
·

Comments

• CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    Course grind is better suited for bigger thicker cuts of meat, as you rub it in it'll embedd itself better and it'll take longer to dissolve as its more course.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • MattyMc said:

Coarse? I thougth this was about a class they were teaching :)

Ha good one. Just read a few of my other post to pick up on my wonderful spelling.

Just wondering if anyone can tell an advantage with it over the normal on butts.

·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    I have been using the coarse on just about everything. I find it to be very flavorful and easy to rub in. Seems like it just dissolves into the meat
    ·
  • I just stocked up on some and meant to buy the "regular" grind and ended up getting the coarse. I will find out Sunday if I can tell the difference, going to do two butts, one regular grind and the other coarse.
    LBGE, Smoke Hollow 4-in-1, Charbroil Big Easy, and Weber Smokey Joe.
    ·
  • jleon401 said:

I just stocked up on some and meant to buy the "regular" grind and ended up getting the coarse. I will find out Sunday if I can tell the difference, going to do two butts, one regular grind and the other coarse.

Amazing. Please post results. I feel like it'd be good.

·