Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cypress Table

My brother and father-in-law were playing around in the country this past weekend and made me a table which came out great.

Going to add hooks and what not soon.  Any good ways to utilize the space under the self?

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    I know some have installed rubbermaid-like plastic bins to act as drawers that are water-tight.

Like this:

·
  • jbmossjbmoss Posts: 12
    Also under the egg all I have is a piece of tile is that enough to prevent the shelf from burning or is it best to have something thicker like a stepping stone?

Thanks for the storage idea too - going to add that to the list.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,277

jbmoss said:
    Also under the egg all I have is a piece of tile is that enough to prevent the shelf from burning or is it best to have something thicker like a stepping stone?
    You'll burn your shelf.  You need an air gap - if you have the little green feet, those work, or a nest, or something.  That's preferable to the egg sitting directly on a thicker stone, which can get just as hot (but take longer to get there).

·
  • jbmoss said:

Thanks for the storage idea too - going to add that to the list.
    i hung storage bins off mine, not as fancy as eggcelsior

Yeah, its going down in flames....... unless you do what nola said, just do what nola said, he's always right.....

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    DLeggett said:
    jbmoss, what did you stain your with?
    No stain - sanded and varnish.
    ·
  • @jbmoss

Nice avatar!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·

@jbmoss

Nice avatar!

You too!
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,476
    The table looks good. 

Do they still offer the feet? I bought a large BGE with the small table a month ago and my dealer sits all of his eggs on two of the small cement blocks. 

I don't really care for the look. but I know something has to be there to keep it off of the wood. 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,277
    everyone simmah downah!  and keep calm. ;)

·
    Cut the height a few inches and added some necessities.image
    ·
  • The table looks awesome. What was used to hold the rubber maid totes
    ·