Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Sorta OT-Cubed Steak, Grits and Gravy (pic)

I apologize, as this was not cooked on the Egg.  But it is one of those Southern favorites where you never want your plate to end.  :)

For cubed steak (which is usually Cubed Venison Steak in my house), I like to sprinkle on some beef rub, dip it in an egg wash, dredge it in seasoned flour, and then pan fry it in some canola oil.  For the gravy, I pour out most of the oil from frying the steak and add in a roux of butter and flour.  Cook the flour for a little bit, then add in water, beef stock granules, heavy cream and cracked pepper.  Cook and whisk the gravy until it thickens.  For the grits, I usually take the easy way out and use the quick 5 minute grits.  I start by bringing 1 cup of heavy cream and 2 cups of chicken stock to a boil....then I whisk in 1 cup of the grits.  Reduce heat to medium low and when it's almost done, stir in about 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese.  Makes for an incredibly rich, smooth and delicious pot of grits. 

Don't get much better than that.  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments