Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon-wrapped Cheese-stuffed Bangers

500500 Posts: 1,504
Fresh Market was out of Knockwurst, as the recipe called for, so it was Irish Bangers instead. Extra Sharp cheddar, green onions, and bacon. Raised rig at 350-400, drip pan, 45 minutes. Pulled pan last 10 minutes to crisp the bacon as best I could without flipping them over and oozing the cheese out. Sides of mashed potato cakes, cuke salad, and a few Yuenglings.
Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
"Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
image.jpg 532.8K
image.jpg 566.2K
image.jpg 647.8K
·

Comments

• =D> stealing this one

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Looks great and I want to make these too! Maybe a superbowl idea. Thanks for posting! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,097
    Solson005 said:
    Looks great and I want to make these too! Maybe a superbowl idea. Thanks for posting! 
    I was thinking the same thing.  These would be great for our super bowl party.

XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,208
    Looks sinful and delicious!  :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,504
    These were tasty as is, but I could see adding a little spicy mustard, but maybe just a little.  The flavor combo is pretty good as is.  Don't leave out the green onions.  They add a little heat and crunch that works.  I first made these and took them to the RIR NASCAR race for the tailgate.  I grilled them there, and they were a hit.  Highly recommend it.  I redeemed myself after my planked salmon fire show.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·