Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Three Bean Turkey Chili

I know alot of you frown on beans in chili, but this is a healthier version.  Turkey, kidney beans, garbanzo beans (chick peas) and black beans.  Tomato base was frozen whole tomatoes from our garden.  While it was cooling, we baked the bread which was half regular and half whole wheat.  No plating pics cause it was late and we were hungry.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

Chili.jpg 557K
bread.jpg 685K
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,404
    Looks good to me.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • I am a fan of beans in chili, but I have never done garbanzos, which I love in anything else, how did they hold up?
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
  • I am a fan of beans in chili, but I have never done garbanzos, which I love in anything else, how did they hold up?
    I've been doing the three beans for years now and the garbanzos have always held up fine.  FYI I do use canned garbanzos.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,554
    Like the three bean combo,I often add a packet of hot chocolate mix to mine and it definatley adds something.Shamefully I have to admit I add a few drops of liquid smoke to my chili as well but I don't have my egg yet so not much I can do about that!!!
    [-X
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·