Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Question: Rig Extender Pizza

I've got a good crowd coming over for the game on Sunday and will be making 7-10 pizzas throughout the night.

I have a 13" stone, a 16" stone, AR, rig extender, and spider.

I like to do high temp cooks -- 600* or so. Under normal circumstances (cooking just one pizza) I don't use an indirect piece -- just the stone sitting on top of the rig extender. Does anyone have experience doing multiple pizzas at high temps? I'm still going to cook just one at a time, but do I need to install an indirect piece to keep the main cooking stone from getting too hot?

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    edited January 2013

I do 2 pizzas at once quite often. Here is a post from the other forum...let me know if you have questions..

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I do 2 pizzas at once...sorry for the typo
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,566
    So whats the deal with this other forum,you have to click on each link to read a tread?You can't just see all the posts on one page like on here I missing something?? I wanna check some posts over there its just such a pain to have to click on a link for each response!!!?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I don't have your setup so I don't have an exact answer, but I did two pizzas at the same time last night. I used the platesetter legs up then my swing rack with a stone on the bottom rack so with my setup I would recommend a two stone setup, but using a stone inplace of the platesetter I don't know the exact answer to. I have a woo and stone setup for my small and haven't found a setup that matches the platesetter on my large, yet.. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.