Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DRY RUBS!!!

I need some help from my fellow egg heads. You see i have a wife who like absoulty zero spice on her food and my self eat hotsauce on just about everything even popcorn. So when i get my rubs (i usually just purchase already made) they tend to be to spicy for her. So does anyone have any reccomendations as far as a sweet dry rub.

·

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head,
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • ^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^
    LBGE Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 351
    +1 on DP Pineapple Head. Just used it on a pork tenderloin over the weekend and my wife loved it. She also doesn't like things too spicy.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • Did you know that going into the marriage?
    ·
  • :)) that is a good question Z.

·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 834
    Look up Mickey's coffee rub and cut the ancho powder in half and leave out the black pepper. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,308
    Texasbbqrub.com. Try their original very good!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Get the $4.95, includes free shipping, sample pack from Oakridge BBQ http://www.oakridgebbq.com/p/products.html

You can test them, see which one she likes and doesn't like and it cost you less than 5 bucks.  Plus their rubs are pretty darn good.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,224
    Loveless Cafe, Nashville TN. Peach-O-Q rub. mil 2nand tasty.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I'm pretty simple on rubs. I generally do salt, pepper, some cumin, some paprika, some dry mustard, and some dark brown sugar when I'm feeling like some sweetness. You might just try salt, pepper, and some dark brown sugar. How can she object to that?
    ·
  • RAC said:
    Texasbbqrub.com. Try their original very good!
    Love the flavor of this rub...but have learned to go lightly, as too much is overpowering. 

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • Hey @gdawgs24 another good one I've used that fits the flavor profile you're describing is the Sugar Maple rub from John Henry's. It's very sweet, very little heat, great bark when you're done, really great with pork (both shoulder and ribs). Give it a shot. 

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Dp gourmet the new BGE line Zensational. Good on fish, chicken, dogs, pork loin, pretty much anything but beef
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·