Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mahi Filets & Scallops on CI Griddle - with pics

Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Made some mahi filets and scallops last night on the CI half-moon griddle.  Turned out very good.  Preheated the Egg to about 425* and put griddle on raised direct to let heat up and soak for about 25 minutes or so.

image          image

I dusted the mahi with DP Tsunami Spin and the scallops with a little blackening seasoning. 

When hot, thew a couple dollops of Smart Balance spread on the griddle and cooked the mahi filets for about 10-12 minutes until flaky.  Cooked scallops for only about 3-4 minutes to get a little sear on the outside. 

image       image       image

Served over rice with a little sweat chili sauce to go with it.  Tasted great.  My SWMBO, has a new respect for the egg now.  She was growing a little tired of butts, ribs and brisket.

The CI griddle is nice eggcessory for flaky white fishes that tend to pull apart if done direct on the grid.  In my opinion, one of the least talked about, more underrated accessories out there. 

Beverages of choice:  Four Roses Bourbon - Single Barrel and American Spirit Whiskey, which a buddy of mine owns. 

Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!

Comments