Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New BGE Owner - First Pizza

Long time reader, first time poster. Received the BGE as a Christmas present from my MIL. Ive done the steaks, chicken, etc. I wanted to try a pizza, one half was a blue cheese, feta, chicken and pesto. The other half was a steak and pepperoni. Go the Egg up to 550 and it cooked for about ten minutes. It was awesome. What do you guys think?

image.jpeg 754.2K
·

Comments

• looks great!

thats quite the MIL 
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,722
    edited January 2013

Looks a heckuva lot better than my first pizza....nicely done.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • Welcome and nice work!

Southern Miss to the Top!
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks great, better than my first one too!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • bdup83 said:

Long time reader, first time poster. Received the BGE as a Christmas present from my MIL. Ive done the steaks, chicken, etc. I wanted to try a pizza, one half was a blue cheese, feta, chicken and pesto. The other half was a steak and pepperoni. Go the Egg up to 550 and it cooked for about ten minutes. It was awesome. What do you guys think?

Nice!  How did you make the crust?
    XLBGE- Anchorage, AK
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,301
    nice looking pie...t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • bdup83bdup83 Posts: 2
    I cheated with the crust, i used a pillsbury can crust. I wanted to make sure that the stone would not crack and ruin a handmade pizza crust that took a couple of hours to make. The stone held up so the next time i will make a crust. By the way it was a xmas present from my wife and MIL, forgot to mention that earlier.
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    Welcome!! Great looking first pizza. I had a feeling that might be a "cheater" crust, only because that is the only way I get a round crust. I can't roll out a round crust to save my life. Keep up the good work and please keep posting pix.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • looks great, we use the pizza dough from Safeway/Tom Thumb, really good!! Enjoy!!

Joe

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Nice pie! Welcome

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Looks and sounds great! Keep the pictures coming! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·