Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

BGE mushroom and cognac sauce

GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
Tried this recipe tonight from the BGE cookbook. I don't normally do sauces with steak but wanted to try this one. Turned out really tasty.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 12,837
    Looks great....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 431
    Recipe please ???
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    Brown a tbsp of butter. Sauté 1/4 cup (I did way more) of mushrooms until tender (recipe calls for morels but I used cremini). Add 1/4 cup diced shallot and 2 cloves diced garlic and cook for another minute or so. Add 1/2 cup of brandy/cognac. This will ignite! Cook down by 2/3 and add 2 cups of heavy cream. Cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Also this can be fairly sweet so add a pinch at a time of cayenne pepper until it gets where you like it. Pretty easy!
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    Btw since I did go heavier on the shrooms I ended up adding a bit of olive oil to the butter.
    ·