Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE mushroom and cognac sauce

GramblerGrambler Posts: 143
Tried this recipe tonight from the BGE cookbook. I don't normally do sauces with steak but wanted to try this one. Turned out really tasty.
image.jpg 795.6K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    Looks great....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    Recipe please ???
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 143
    Brown a tbsp of butter. Sauté 1/4 cup (I did way more) of mushrooms until tender (recipe calls for morels but I used cremini). Add 1/4 cup diced shallot and 2 cloves diced garlic and cook for another minute or so. Add 1/2 cup of brandy/cognac. This will ignite! Cook down by 2/3 and add 2 cups of heavy cream. Cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Also this can be fairly sweet so add a pinch at a time of cayenne pepper until it gets where you like it. Pretty easy!
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 143
    Btw since I did go heavier on the shrooms I ended up adding a bit of olive oil to the butter.
    ·