Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Turbo Butt (lots of pix)

My wife's two favorite meals are Ribeye Steaks and Pulled Pork.  I made her the Steak Diane last night, and today I made her Pulled Pork.  :)  It's a win-win for me because I get Brownie Points AND I get to eat steak and pulled pork!  ;)  Trimmed and Smoked this 8 lb Turbo Butt up with Apple and Hickory at around 325 deg f. 

Spritzed the Butt down a few times with a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and Canola Oil.  Here are some progress shots when spritzed them down:

Once I achieved the bark I was looking for, I foiled it up to finish. 

I let it rest foiled in a cooler, covered with a towel, for about an hour before pulling it.  It melted like butter!  :)

Bone slid right out...

The bark tasted great, and the pulled pork was very moist with just the right amount of smoke.

Topped our sandwiches with Shealy's Mustard-Based Sauce.  A local favorite.  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments