Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Superbowl menu

1. Fowl chili
2. Kaluha wings
3. Pulled goose 
4. Elk sausage
5. Stuffed mushrooms
6. Apple dumplings

All to be cooked on the BGE, any holes in my menu?
Whats on yours?
Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,189
    Yours looks good. Maybe a veggie tray to lighten everything up.

I'm doing BBQ, brisket, green beans, mac & cheese, guacamole, salsa, hummus, meat & cheese tray with chips and pitas. I might try to sneak in some ABT's. We are also celebrating my daughter's birthday so we will have some cake as well.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,454
    TFJ tamales, white bean chicken chili, meat balls with tomatillo sauce, and chicken enchiladas. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • LoggerLogger Posts: 235
    Love the hummus!
    OKC area  XL - Medium
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    edited January 2013
    unfortunately i wont be cooking on the egg for superbowl! but i will be in vegas for the game!!!!hopefully wont lose my shirt!!! :))
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,268
    daffy1909 said:
    unfortunately i wont be cooking on the egg for superbowl! but i will be in vegas for the game!!!!hopefully wont lose my shirt!!! :))
    was there last year, that place is nuts on the super bowl hard to find a decent place to sit without them wanting your shirt!  its a lot of fun though 
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,611
    Super Brisket, 15 Bean Soup and Chicken Wings at the White House.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • Pulled Pork (cooking on Sat) and wings.  Not sure what the friends are bringing.

Duck Hunter, not big on goose but the Elk Sausage you can send my way all day long.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,268
    i think i am gonna take a swing at some cazzy wings, a pulled pork done the day before and then reheated in a sweet and spicy sauce.  and if i feel it i saw and abt dip on here i am gonna throw down.
    ·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    I'm excited to try several things this weekend for the game. First my bacon wrapped dill pickle bites soaked in maple syrup, Griffin's pig shots, Kristi's Jalapeno shrimp poppers and last of all Kristi's sweet and spicy sticky wings. Going to be fun. Hardest part is what beverage I'll have while cooking. I know I'll have a Romeo & Juliet going as well!
    ·