Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatty on a Mini

My first fatty on my mini. WOW is all I have to say. The combination of flavors was delicious. Just one question for others, I used a thicker cut bacon and it never got crispy. Has anyone else run into this problem? 

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited January 2013
    Time and temp of cook? Just by looks I'd have went longer but I don't know how hot you were. My bacon gets crispy ish on the outside.

Ps. Nice weave!!

XLBGE 
  • WC1
    WC1 Posts: 42
    250 for 3 hours. Inside temp was 167ish, that's why I pulled
  • @WC1
    Seams fair! Yesterday I did 375-400 and feel like I have better results when I'm over 300 Took about 1.5 hour to get to 165• IT

I'd get it a little hotter next time. That way you can cook at bacon before the inside gets done. Also thick bacon is the only way to go!

XLBGE 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited January 2013
    @WC1 Seams fair! Yesterday I did 375-400 and feel like I have better results when I'm over 300 Took about 1.5 hour to get to 165• IT I'd get it a little hotter next time. That way you can cook at bacon before the inside gets done. Also thick bacon is the only way to go!

Last one I did, I made my weave, threw the weave on a pan and cooked briefly in oven to jump start it. Let it cool then proceeded with filling and rolling. It worked to get the bacon more crisp.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013