Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Silly question for Calibrating thermometer

Maybe I am trying to overanalyze this but here goes:

Today before I started  the egg, I removed the thermometer, held with pliers in boiling water and it read approx 150*.  Well, I am at about 3900' above sea level.  According to the info I found on the web, my water should boil at approx 205*.  I allowed the thermometer to cool slightly and put the pliers on the nut on the back and turned the body until I thought I was close.  Repeated dipping into the still boiling water until needle held just on the high side of 200*.  Did I do this correctly OR does it make a difference if I were to hold the device and turn the nut?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    You're good to go.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,070
    Calibration, so easy and so often neglected, like Dugan says - you are set. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Thanks guys.  Much appreciated.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·